Highland Dance Registration
Become a part of one of the largest highland dancing competitions in Canada and be one of over 300 dancers to compete during the day!
REGISTRATION: Online Entries close on May 28th at midnight! We will accept late entries after May 28th , please email email@example.com.
NEW FOR 2019: Dancers over 12 years will use their ScotDance cards to enter the gates.
2019 JUDGES: This years judges are Joyce Kite, Gillian Dunn and Denise Durrant-MacDonald.
Morning Registration – 8:00 am: Primary, Beginner, Novice: Lilt (4), Fling (4), Sword (2&1), Seann Truibhas (3&1), plus Primary Pas de Bas & PDB & High cuts.
Afternoon Registration – 10:15 am: Intermediate, Premier, Restricted Premier: Irish Jig (4), Fling (4), Sword (2&1), Seann Truibhas (3&1). * Afternoon dancers will not start before 11:00 am.
Dancers are asked to participate in the Massed Fling during Opening Ceremonies
Prize money will be awarded to ALL Premier Classes and to the Senior Restricted Premier Class. Overall winner trophies awarded in all classes except Primary. Overall runner-up trophies awarded in all classes (except Primary) with more than 10 dancers. Medals awarded to all classes excluding Premier and the Senior Restricted Premier class.
- The competition is governed by the rules of the SOBHD, all dancers must show their current registration card.
- Age groups will be formed at the discretion of the Competition Committee.
- Dancers must dance in own section and age group and will dance in inverse order of entry which will be based on the date the registrar receives the entry either via online entry or mail in date.
- Judge’s decision is final. No discussion can be entered into between a judge, a competitor or the parent.
- Any complaint must be in writing, accompanied by $25.00 and given to the Georgetown Highland Games Committee (prior to the end of the day). The fee will be forfeited if the complaint is not upheld.
- Status changes are to be emailed to the registrar no later than Monday June 3.
- No status changes on day of competition.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and no phone entries are accepted.
- Self-addressed stamped envelope ARE NOT required for mail in entries.
- Children 12 & over must present their Scotdance Card to the Gate personal. Children under 12 are free.
- Morning awards will be presented after the Opening Ceremonies.
- Tents (without sides) may be erected in designated areas only.
- A Restricted Premier dancer is defined as one who has not won a trophy in a Premier or Restricted Premier category for two years preceding June 08, 2019.
Registration Fees include SDO $ 1.00 Levy (required per dancer).
For the convenience of online payment services a PayPal administration fee will be applied at checkout.